CHRISTIAN MEN SHOULD ASPIRE TO LEADERSHIP IN THE CHURCH
“If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task (1 Timothy 3:1).
Another version puts it: “To aspire to leadership is an honorable ambition”
NOT FOR SELFISH REASONS
Jeremiah said that if anyone seeks great things for himself, he should stop right there (Jer. 45:5).
• I want power
• redemption (trying to make up for past wrongs)
BUT FOR GOD’S GLORY
• I want to exalt God by my life and my lips
AND THE GOOD OF OTHERS
• I want to serve and equip God’s people
• see sinners saved
• prepare people for eternity
• see the Church reformed to make a bigger impact on the world
SUMMARY; Christian men should aspire to lead in the church, not for selfish reasons but for God’s glory, the good of others, and the success of the church.
Visit http://www.thestorychanger.life for more resources.